Friday, May 23, 2008

funky summer event!

The models in brainstorming session with the DreamTeam head. I bet one of you girls is Marx's crush...hehe!
Marky hope your 3D works well for the event. At least you start to break you limitations in 2D.

My good friend Richard Abadiano talks to the models prior the start of the show rehearsals. Our friendship is a DreamTeam as well.


A trial execution of our unfinished animated presentation for the event with Marx's 3D stuff!


Kuris statement: Summer Bud’s Search 2008

PERSONAL STATEMENT: The timing was bad, very bad. In fact, there are parts of me that dictated to abandon the project I promised to my old friends—Richard and Gel. A few months ago, we were conceptualizing and cooking a different kind of event that would challenge our sense of creativity. We also tried to make a different and unique statement by organizing a one-night event that would fuse music, fashion and audio-visual artistry. It was much like bringing Fashion Rock Awards in L.A. to invade the minds of Bo. Obrero peeps, my second childhood home. We started to conceptualized last February and the plan was finally done by the end of March. The plan was to organize a fashion show back-to-back with live band performance and an animated audio-visual presentation (where I was expert these days, hehe). Then we started to call our fusion as DreamTeam Production. Summer Bud’s Search 2008 was born in no time. I was making the lead player in terms of proposal letters, paper works and creative concepts. Gel was on the stage management and talent look-out while Richard was the die-hard financial head and risk-taker. The risk was experimental to combine the elements of live band, animation and fashion. We might be giving ourselves another chunk of stress and pain with this plan. But the plan was to go on just like what I did with Kuris. So, it must go on. The target date of event was moved from May 15 to May 22 due to financial and preparation reasons. The contestants that Gel gathered are also some of his best pals in a previous production where these hopeful youngsters that suffered false promises and unfulfilled commitment in repaying their effort. Likewise, I was having my hard time catching up with Kuris project proposal and requirements needed to validate the credibility of the group. I need to go through strain and sleepless nights to decide what to choose. It was a “make-or-break-it” contemplation. But Marx and the rest of the Kurisans understood me. They always understand every time I lay my cards on the table. They knew I always have plans of not regretting what I would do. After days of neglecting my commitment to the DreamTeam, I think it’s destiny that drags me back to where I should be… doing the things I love to do with my crazy artistic mind.


GROUP STATEMENT: The timing is not good. It’s not really good to disturb Marx or Jay in their latest project endeavor. It’s the starting definition of their future as small-time animators in this city. I’m really proud of their bits of success. But giving them another headache is not my intention. But what can I do. They are the best people I should consult for the 3D animation I was planning to make for the event. Marx has always understood me. Even if without any condition, he generously offered his helping hand. Five days ago, they were catching up with the deadline of their special project when I suddenly entered the scene and ask him to help me. He borrowed my laptop and do his own thing with 3D. For one day, he made the 3D animated logo of the event and I easily added my own editing later. I even asked him to come and assist me during the one-night event on May 22. Although I must admit that he likes to meet our female contestants to boost his “chickboy” persona, but his commitment was to extend a helping hand the way I always do when he needed my help. In Kuris, we don’t count how much we give but give priority to what we can give without conditions. It’s the secret spice of the team as I have said before. So even if the pressure was tough, Marx or even Bryan knows that whatever I do, I do it to uplift our team. I hope to see them at the event. It’s another way we can promote the team and spread the message that indeed Ilonggo animators are not just born to excel but to inspire. Your 3D works well with my editing style Marky. I know it was just a joke that I didn’t believe you can make 3D animation now. I always thought you’ll be stuck with 2D.See you on Thursday night. We always hope to raise the credibility and creative visions of Kuris Animation to it’s “Unlimited” boundaries of breaking the usual connotation about our craft. We don’t settle to the common output and expectations that we can do. We free up our mind and open rooms for new innovations. Though it’s not the usual way you envisioned everything as animator but trust me, this is one step to break our limitations (and our hesitation as well).




Mark it up Marky—May 22, 8:30PM, Summer Bud’s Search 2008 featuring Version acoustic band and animated visuals by Kuris Animation Unlimited. The streamers will be huge, hehe!




No comments: