Saturday, November 29, 2008

alone... lonesome...

Sober


There’s a lot of madness inside me lately

The empty spaces occupied by loneliness
Seemed to be making my heart numb
Though my dreams began to get clearer
Still the clouded part of my longings
Keep telling me to hold back and wait
What am I waiting for anyway?
When the answer to my heart’s query
Seemed invisible and unreachable
Why am I waiting for the world to turn
its dark side to the brighter horizon?
When reality tells me to move on for good
And embrace the pathways of my childhood reveries
I always wish that I could bring you in my trek
To the better side of my life, dear Soulmate
But you seemed so distant and away from me
Lately I realize you always have a choice to make
To stay and find your happiness in my poetry
Or move on for good to open your heart
To the uncertainty of fidgety strangers
You met online in the midst of your search
For the piece of happiness you couldn’t find
In my distant embrace and affinity
Thank you for making me sober for now
Maybe the next day I won’t remember it anymore
…no more closing notes to tell (it makes me feel ill)…
Phoenix

No comments: