Saturday, November 29, 2008

untied poetry...

shoes

If I were in your shoes just for a day

I would wake up and see the sun

Rising in the horizon with the same bright light

I want it that way when I’m living for another day

I’ll open my laptop and check some offline messages

Left by some strangers I’ve met in the cyberspace

I’ll smile and think about why I am such a fling

To succumb in moments of loneliness inside me

And left them breathless with my face all over the cam

If I were in your shoes just for another day

I would go to work willingly till the sun sets

I wouldn’t think twice making music to ease my boredom

Since I like to build organs and spend the rest of my thoughts

Perfecting my craft for as long I can remember

I’ll wipe my sweat while working hard to make the best organ

I always knew in my heart that I could be a better artist

If I could weave music and build something that creates it

I was born to do this so I might end up loving this kind of life

If I were in your shoes just for a few days

I wouldn’t mind spending the rest of my savings

Buying my dream house with a small garden at the back

So I would feel comfortable playing the organ alone

My dad won’t even mind why having my own place feels much better

I could even talk to strangers privately when I open my YM

I like to tell myself that I am determined to find someone

Who could cheer me up when lifetime seemed too long to live

I think it’s sweet to open up your soul without losing your empathy

And fall asleep when I get tired of chatting while the laptop is on

If I were in your shoes for just a week

I would meet my friends and invite them for a drink

Talk about what makes me happy without losing my sensibilities

I know they would understand why I prefer to find good time

The other way around and not the usual hook-up-and-sex circumstance

They knew me from work and when I work I work hard for it

Sometimes I’m even more silent when it comes to my personal life

They deal with it so easily like I tried to be there for them

I always knew I’m a better friend than anybody else

So if I were in your shoes just for a moment

I would do the same thing you did when you followed my heart

Opening my life to someone I felt I’ve met in our previous lifetime

While reading profiles in HI5 once when I was trying to get over a day

Of hard work and thinking what I might be doing half a lifetime from now

I would email him personally and tell him I’m open for possibilities

Of liking him and his personal definition of friendship and love

I would call him half a world away to say his writings are sweet

I would spend more time waiting for him online

And refrain from making him believe I’m always offline

He would understand why I still talk to a whole lot of strangers

So when I’m tired chasing the time difference and silence

Still I would try to be his bestfriend that he could talk online

Because I know how it feels to be taken for granted and pushed away

By someone you’ve been waiting all your life to complete you

Then you’ll recognize they’re gone for good

And realize you somehow fall for them at the end of the road

But I have my own shoes…

I should learn to live a lifetime walking with it

In the path of possibilities while hoping I could forget you soon

Soon enough when would I find myself learning to love life again

My shoes are untied…phoenix

No comments: