Saturday, November 29, 2008

time can tell

WheN

Why do you make me smile tonight?

Just because my fortune teller friend

Assured me of your warm presence

That you’ll lift up my miserable life

And your promises would be silently fulfilled

When tomorrow comes that brings hope

The future might be vague and unsure

But my heart predicts that friendship survives

Why do you make me hopeful tonight?

Just because I chat with you online today

Even for a few minutes your words were gentle

And I’m not desperately miserable waiting
for cryptic responses and contented with gestures

Signs that gave clues of where do we go from here

I realize that your “sign-offs” isn’t permanent adieu

But a reason to wait for a heart that open

One step at a time when fate draws the line

Why do you make me anticipate something about forever?

Just because I have the capacity to care unconditionally

And my poetic lines implies that words can rearrange stars

Maybe I’m learning to rest in your unspoken phrases

That paints falling stars in my canvass of reveries

And if you promise to meet me online again

I don’t need to pressure myself about losing you

I can read between the lines sentimentally

That something special is written in the sky

When we start to sign-in on time

Fortune tellers can only read the lines in your palm but doesn’t have the idea when will the heart decide to open up and let go… phoenix

No comments: