Saturday, November 29, 2008

Online

It’s my poetic prerogative to be bad tonight…phoenix

Run
Why do I always runaway from the tides of life?
When there’s something we can’t admit
Or something we can’t perfectly fix
I guess I’ve always remained lost
In my long and tiring journey
But yesterday my bestfriend Peter came home
To cherish his incomplete walk of fame
Though some people say he’s a big shame
Open-hearted souls still have faith in his dreams
To change the dilapidated culture of hypocrisy
But above anything else
He used to be my guiding light in my darkest night
To find the pieces of my broken spirit and reveries
He reshaped my capacity to weave powerful poetry
He taught me write immortally with the blood of my heart
Though we traverse separate path
He always look back to pick me up
From the lonely road that I am stuck
Though he claims to be a god of literature
But still he remains to be a humble saint
With his unspoken beautiful intentions
After more than a year
I miss the controversies he used to create
And his way of challenging social hypocrisy
Upon his return
He’s still the same bitchy writer
Who wanted to love the world unconditionally
But he brought someone this time
A boyfriend who adore his beautiful soul
Someone who share the same passion like me
To nurture a rare seed of hope he planted
Through his cryptic yet sensible writings
In the heart of insensitive people around us
I saw the same spark of joy in his boyfriend’s eyes
The day I realize that lasting happiness
Starts when we open our heart to love sincerely
Without expecting return
Though Peter is cloaked in his passion for fame
He has a gentle and giving heart inside
I miss his presence
And his run to catch up with the tides of life
Like we always do to justify our reveries
And beautiful intentions to inspire lonely souls
I know deep inside
We always have the capacity
To love unconditionally
And I hope his boyfriend would always be around
To appreciate his long and tireless journey
For me
I won’t stop running and chasing my dreams
For he inspired me to do it
Passionately
Confessions I wrote on the day a friend was interviewed for his Palanca feat, had a front page story in a newspaper, visited his alma mater and had a tiring trip with his optimistic bf (hasta maňana Pete, America is a better place for your bitchiness hehe)…phoenix

No comments: