Saturday, November 29, 2008

shattered glass

shard

an old friend texted me today
he told me to drop by his office
I wanted to see him
but something
bothered me deep inside
something tells
me I am not over yet
remembering the
times we’ve been through
outside
He was a child who lost his way
and wanted to be loved truthfully
but he treated everything like a game
he bet his
future in exchange
for smoke and mirrors
I was a child who doesn’t know
what I should
do with my lonely life
I treated my feelings for him seriously
hoping I could
feel the warmth
I didn’t felt for those who process
they loved me truthfully
but I can’t see
through the smokes and mirrors
he cast in my eyes and heart
until the child
in me got lost
and he lost his innocence too
long time
ago

inside
everything
seemed complicated for me
but I loved the
way he put the stars in my dreams
holding me throughout the cold cold night
before I
uncovered his plot to confuse me
with his sugary lies and deceptive whispers
then pain and melancholy stuck in me
everything
seemed complicated for him
but he made me happy with his double-crossing
promises
somehow I knew
I affected his life with my reveries
that we shared
in the middle of midnight poetry
but I know he
knew I truly loved his alter-ego
when I drifted
away from his cover ups
today
he wants me to
remember him
and I
remembered him badly tonight
I wanted to
tell him how sorry I was
and he might
felt sorry for me as well
for not truly
playing the same old game fairly
the game of
deceiving hearts
and ironic
whispers
opposite the
shadow of friendship
what we might
have for each other
is a just a
friendly feeling now
so if he
invited me to watch a movie
on his first
salary by the end of the month
doesn’t mean he
wants the same old scenario back
that I would
fall for his trap
and I’ll
willingly be trapped again
so even if try
to be defensive
and assume the
spark that we once had
might be
rekindled
I know now how
to get out in the labyrinth of his stare
because I know
deep inside
that he might
have loved me before
and still
realized he learned to love my eccentricities
even until now
but it is too
late
way too late
I had moved on
for good
what’s left is
a shard and reflection
of a friend
and a love for
a friend

sometimes I assume too much…phoenix


No comments: